Sunday, November 06, 2005

Tarptastic!

We're back in Uptown New Orleans. Not staying at our house though - "Ramone" is supposedly showing up with his crew Monday (and he's been scheduled to show up for the last 2 Mondays) - so maybe things will move forward soon. Who knows. We do strongly suspect, however, that our rent will increase considerably soon. Which sucks, and which will probably mean us leaving New Orleans...especially if I am laid off.

My job situation is tenuous, to put it mildly. Layoffs are imminent, and have been going on in small waves since September, and I just feel like my number will be up soon.

I want to be one of those people who digs in their heels and says "I'M STAYING IN NOLA NO MATTER WHAT! YEAHHH!!" but with *both* my job *and* my housing up in the air, and the stress of the last few months, I am just tired. And I want some normalcy. I'm not saying I have it bad - I mean, we are doing much better than our neighbors to the East and in Lakeview - I'm just saying how things look for me. I could swing with the stress of either my job, or my housing up in the air...but to have both so uncertain is a double-whammy. Ugh.

I don't know how much longer I'll be here.

No comments: